Shaking things up a bit here --
The fall colors are beautiful, the weather should be crisp but not frigid, and thanks to the DNR, we have access to 6 canoes on Sunday morning!
Here are some important details:
- Who: Everyone....really. And, we give an extra shout out/invite to people who are underrepresented in outdoor spaces.
- What: Canoeing (and fishing!) on Snelling Lake, at Fort Snelling State Park.
- Where: Fort Snelling State Park -- check in at the main ranger station (when you first enter) and then head to Snelling Lake. If you need a ride, we'll have a car going Saint Paul in the morning.
- When: This Sunday October 22nd at NOON. (Note, it was originally scheduled for 9am, but we moved it back, since it will be warmer around noon).
- Why: Because it's gonna be a great opportunity to get your paddle on!
- What to bring: Warm clothes. It still may be a bit chilly at noon, so we recommend bringing a jacket, hat, and gloves. We'll bring extra warm things in case you forget. Canoes, paddles, life jackets, and fishing poles will be provided.
- Cost: The event is free (thanks to the DNR for the canoes), but there is a $7 entry fee per vehicle for accessing the park if you don't have a state park annual sticker....HOWEVER, Fiwygin Outdoors is more than happy to cover this cost -- just let us know (i.e. send us a text at 651.295.2773 when you get there).
- Questions? Hit us up -- Fiwyginoutdoors@gmail.com or 651.295.2773.
Hope to see you on Sunday!